Saturday, February 15, 2020

~His Eye is on Gidget~

Sipping water here....as we share...

Last week I held my 15 year old lovebird, Bubba, as he passed away(they can live 10 to 15 years). He and his sister Gidget lived together all of his life. I remember back in February of 2005, I just had to have these two beautiful peach faced love birds.

So there I sat, holding Bubba in my right hand...crying...but crying for Gidget Sure I'd miss this little acrobatic noisy little guy but poor Gidget would be "flying solo" now.

I talked to him as he closed his eyes and I would take him to Gidget and show him to her as I tried to comfort them both in his passing. I talked to him and pet him and let them see each other during the next 2 or more hours.

He tried to fly one last time then he opened his eyes wide, looked at me and chirped. I took him to Gidget again. He looked  at her and gave her one last chirp. This may sound silly but before my husband left from having lunch, Bubba gave him one last look. 

My husband left, I said a few things to Bubba and he was gone. This may sound really ridiculous but I sobbed. I sobbed for Gidget. I mean I sobbed. I talked with her as she looked confused. Then I did something you may think is real odd. I thought of the hymn "His Eye is on the Sparrow" and I prayed for Gidget to be comforted. I told Father, "well it says in the bible that you even care about the birds. Gidget has to be so sad an confused." I prayed for her on and off the next couple of days.

I say all of this to tell you that no prayer is silly. Father loves each of us dearly and He cares about what we care about. He knows I know that there are much more intense things to pray about but He also knows that I am an animal lover and my heart hurt for Gidget.

No prayer is too simple or silly.He hears the cry of our heart, has compassion, and reaches out to us in love. Talk to Him about ANY care on your heart. He is our Daddy and wants child-like trust in Him. No prayer goes unheard and all of our conversations to Daddy are important to Him.

On aside note...Gidget is doing well, talks to herself and me and enjoys her mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment