Monday, February 24, 2020

~Fall Back Friday~

Friday was not a good day....

My left hand is still mostly crippled. I try to make it do things. Friday I was going to make tuna fish for lunch. I propped the can between my fingers trying to make them hold the can. I held the can opener with my right hand adjusting the can lid. I began to crank the handle. I have been in car accidents and all but the thing that happened next truly frightened me. My left arm acted like it was having a seizure. Something spasmed hard all the way to my hand. My fingers curled up, my hand went like dead weight. I looked up and in my head to Father I said, "no, Lord". He knew I meant I didn't want a crippled dead weight hand. I couldn't un-curl my fingers and my hand just hung there. After what seemed like forever (only about 3 minutes), my arm stopped an I pried my fingers open with my right hand fingers.

I called my oncologist's office and they told me to go to ER. The ER doctor ran blood tests to check various levels of things. All came back good.

So, now I still have a mostly non-functioning left hand...very frustrating! But there is feeling in all of it and no pain in it. I have ordered a lymphonemia sleeve to hopefully work things out in my arm and hand.

Please pray with me for healing in my left hand. I would love to have working fingers. I make them do things like fold laundry but meal making and many tasks are next to impossible. I also make the hand work for doing dishes. My index finger and thumb barely move.

In all honesty, cancer is low on the totem pole for caring about. I'd rather have working fingers.

Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment