Thursday, December 26, 2019

~Breathe In~

Ahh sipping water here as we (Father and I) write...water is truly refreshing.

As I was having my inspirational time with Father this morning, a bible verse grabbed my attention...especially the first part. I think we miss a lot of what is truly being said to us by Father or it is also true that sometimes things just hit us that haven't before. 

The verse I was reading was Joshua 1:9,"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

I had never paid attention to the fact that this was a command. It is not something we ho-humedly read. Father reminds us that He has commanded us to: be strong...stand firm in our beliefs, stand strong mentally in not letting fearful thoughts invade our minds. We are to be courageous...don't back down when you know you are right in your views because you know scripture backs them...and be courageous knowing that whatever you are going through God is with you! Do not be frightened...you may be dealing with something you never thought you would have to face and you feel alone, frightened...maybe you are facing a loss...or a new job...an illness...lack of income...whatever it is...do not give in to fear. Talk to Father and give it up to Him. It may help to talk to a trusted friend also...notice I didn't say instead of Father, I said "also". Father is the ultimate One we need to turn to. God also commands us not to be dismayed. God knows the cries of your heart in whatever it is you are dealing with. Do not be disheartened or lose your courage.

Remember this, if you know Jesus and have a personal relationship with Him, He is your strength. Jesus is your breath. His breath is strength. "By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the BREATH of His mouth all their host." Psalm 33:6 Imagine that! He breathed and hosts in the heavens were created. What power He has in His Breath! Sit and think on that for a minute!

We are commanded to be strong and courageous and not to be frightened or dismayed. What is our power to use against those things? God's Breath is one such power. How do we use His Breath? "All scripture is Breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16 We use His scripture to combat any fear. His scripture is breathed out by His mighty breath. If He can create something out of nothing with His breath, think on how powerful His Truth, His Word is.

The old hymn comes to mind..."Breathe on me breath of God fill me with life anew..." a prayer asking for God's breath, His mighty breath, to fill me(you). Think about that...His breath is power...it created...it is the Holy scriptures. Another song comes to mind...THIS IS THE AIR I BREATHE

This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Your holy presence
Living in me

This is my daily bread
This is my daily bread
Your very word
Spoken to me

And I... I'm desparate for you
And I... I'm lost without you

This is air I breath
This is air I breathe
Your holy presence
Living in me

This is my daily bread
This is my daily bread
Your very word
Spoken to me

And I... I'm desparate for you
And I... I'm lost without you (eh hey, yeah)
And I... I'm desparate for you
And I... I'm lost without you

And I... I'm desparate for you
And I... I'm lost without you
I'm lost without you
I'm lost without you
I'm lost without you (father)
I'm lost... without you

This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Read (or sing if you know the song) over those lyrics.
His breath is what we need to breathe in. Let it intoxicate us. Dwelling on His word...using it to combat our fears...we can live on fearless because His powerful breath can fill us...fill our soul.

Breath deep the breath of God!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment