Monday, December 23, 2019

~Update on Me~

Ah my fingertips have that slightly burning sensation today. Yesterday all of my fingers and even palm of my hands were swollen, red, and on fire. Today just my fingertips hurt...so I can type...slowly but I can type.

Today as I was relaxing on the love seat in my living room this cute brown squirrel came along my window sill. We have a large front window and we have our Christmas tree in front of the window. I don't think he is so cute when he attacks my bird feeders. Today he was looking in my window and walking along the ledge outside. He was attempting to get on my Christmas tree. It was hilarious watching him paw at the window to try to get pine cones (I guess) on my tree. He had a rather dumbfounded look on his face as his attempts failed.

Anyhow, he took my mind off me and my hands as I sat laughing at him. The past couple of days I have been real tired. I am thankful that this is my last day of chemo pills for the week now. I can enjoy Christmas time and family time! 

I am still waiting for results from the PL-1 to see if I can do immunotherapy. The tissue had been sent back as my insurance would not cover it but now that it is 100% covered by Foundation One, the tissue will go back to the lab for testing. Oh the joys of all if this mess! (smiles) I am also waiting on approval from my insurance company to have a CT scan in January. This is needed to see what all is going on inside my body. Then we will go from there.

For now I am still on the chemo pills. I have learned that tea tree oil helps heal the hands, foot, and mouth thing, so I use that. For the pain? I have a friend who makes this amazing salve with dandelions...yes! dandelions...it takes pain away. God created those healing dandelions!

My hands are dry and creasey. I need to keep them lotioned or treated with the different helps. I use the helps on my feet too. It is amazing!

I still pray daily to be healed. Father knows the cry of my heart. Sometimes little fear thoughts enter my mind and I have to pray them away. Sometime I simply use the Strong name of Jesus...just saying "Jesus" and the fear or negative thought goes away. There is so much power in His name!

Thank you again for your prayers and encouragement!

Blessing!


No comments:

Post a Comment