Monday, December 30, 2019

~End of the Year Update~

I am typing with partially numb fingers. I went for my port flush and blood count today and the nurse asked how my hands and feet were. I told her my feet are peeling and showed her my puffy fingers with pinkness. She made a sort of scrunchy face and said she would talk to the PA about my meds when she arrived.

I sat in my favorite chemo chair while I waited. I was entertained by a wife of a chemo patient and another chemo patient she knew. Their conversation wasn't private. They talked about family, doctors, weather, and then they started talking about funeral arrangements. I didn't let that sink in. The one gentleman has been on treatments for 14 years. I guess discussing his funeral arrangements is likely normal conversation for him and his wife.

The PA arrived and I saw my nurse talking with her.
When the conversation was over, my nurse came over to me and told me not to take the meds at all right now. I am to see the PA January 13th and see what she has to say then. So, YAY no meds for 2 weeks. Hopefully my fingers and feet will normalize.

I have a sort of busy January. I will have a CT scan on the 8th...see the PA the 13th...have a port flush and blood work on the 20th...and see my oncologist the 22nd. Whew!

I have been tired often. That could be from the meds or my lack of sleep at night...or both. My fingers are numbish at the fingertips and my fingers are puffy. My feet on the bottom are pinkish,(they were red), and puffy and kind of numbish. Sometimes I complain to Father about those things...but then I always end up smiling up at Him saying, "I am alive!!! Thank you!

So  that is the update. It's kind of hard to type with numbish fingers.

Have a wonderful New Year's!

Thanks again for your prayers and encouragement.
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment